Parents Council 2017/2018
The parents of students of a recognised school may establish, and maintain from among their number, a Parents’ Association for that school and membership of that association shall be open to all parents of that school.
The role of the Association is to support the principal, school management, staff and students. It aims to foster good relations between the parents, teachers, students and the school authorities.
In discharging its functions, the association recognises that the examination and resolutions of problems relating to individual pupils will be for determination between the individual pupil and/or his/her parents and the school authorities. It further recognises that the resolution of issues of complaint between an individual set of parents and teacher is a matter for those parents and the teacher concerned and the School Authorities.
The composition of the Council is arrived at as follows:
- One parent elected from the parents of each primary school or a cluster of schools which has students enrolled in this school.
- The parent nominees of the Board of Management will be ex-officio members of the council.
- The Council may co-opt three additional members.
- Further information is available from the Secretary, Parents Council, c/o Dunmore Community School.
PARENTS COUNCIL ASSOCIATION MEMBERS 2017-2018
- Padraig Waters (Chairperson)
- Anthony Carney
- Niall Cloonan
- Angela Donlon
- Marie Hanley
- John Hannon
- Breda Meehan
- Janette Slattery
- Therese Turner
- Helena Ryan
Board Of Managment Reps on the Parents Council:
- Helen Gildea
- Margaret Diskin
Access to the National Parents Council official website.